Tuesday, February 8, 2011

And Now, For My Next Trick, I Will Birth a Two-Year Old.

Oh, internet friends. My real-life friends seriously make the cutest kids. They make my clock tick. Especially this one:

Everything a toddler needs: juice, goldfish, and Handy Manny.

Hugh likes him a little bit too, in case you were wondering.

I've told you all about Elizabeth and how she's married to Lofton and they are the parents of Reese. I've told you how we've been friends since we were eleven and she knows me like no one else and spending time with her is just good for me. And I told you how all three of them were coming to visit this weekend.

And then Hugh and spent thirty-six hours scheming as to how we could convince them to leave Reese with us. Forever. You see, we think he's just perfect. He's smart and hilarious and so freaking cute, and when he realizes you're taking his photo, he gives you his model face:


We spent the weekend playing with Handy Manny and eating donuts and splashing in the tub and taking a trip to Build-A-Bear, where Reese selected a puppy dog to build and named him Fletcher. Oh, good, because I need another reason to love you, kiddo:

Giving Fletcher a heart and making a wish.

Stuffing him.

Bathing Fletcher.

We had fun with the grown-ups, too. There was eating and chatting and a lunch date and some Wii competing between the boys while Elizabeth and I sat on the couch reading cookbooks and drinking wine and having a heart-to-heart.

And just when I thought things couldn't get better, Reese and Fletcher (the real version) did this:


And something biological within me demanded Hugh immediately give me a two-year old to snuggle on the couch with my dog.

Seriously, it was the best kind of weekend with our favorite kind of visitors. Come back soon, sweet Beasley family! Our house is way too quiet now...

No comments:

Post a Comment