Friday, July 22, 2011

What We're Doing. And Eating.

Hi, internet friends. TGIF, right?

Here's what the White Hot house has been up to since last we met:

  • Saw this kiddo:

I would love him even if he wasn't a complete and total camera ham, but I'm not going to lie, that makes me love being his Aunt even more. We call this one goggle face.

  • Saw his parents, too. We had a lovely and low-key weekend of lunch dates, book-reading, castle-building, and some nice long chats. Love those three, heart and soul.
  • Got a new work computer. I think a great feature of this new computer would be if I could actually use it at home. You know, where I work. Is there anything that makes you want to cry out of frustration more than IT issues? No, no there is not. Also, if you cry on the phone with an IT guy, he will be the most uncomfortable he has ever been in his entire life. Not that I did that or anything. Twice.
  • Carrying cats around like babies:

That Henry Parker just slays me.


  • Hugh continues to stay busy being awesome. How awesome? So awesome that his patients request hugs from him before he leaves their room. I totally get it; I request hugs from him, too.
  • Found a lost dog and fostered her on our porch for 24 hours. Fortunately, my "Found Dog" signs led to her owner calling. Also, her owner was a ten-year-old girl. She was so relieved we found the dog she was crying. Let's just go ahead and acknowledge that this made me cry, too. This is, conservatively, the twenty-fifth dog we have returned to its home since Hugh and I started dating. Apparently there is some type of cosmic attraction between us and runaway dogs. Also, my heart cannot handle that again for at least six months. No more finding dogs when you are running, Hugh.
  • Watching Harry Potter. Crying. Apparently there is a theme this week. Also, loved the movie.
  • The weekly house cleaning. Remember last week when I said I was so sad on Thursday? Well, when Hugh came home that night and I was recounting my terrible horrible day, I told him that I tried to vacuum, but even that didn't cheer me up. I think he was legitimately worried at that point. Fortunately, it's a new week and I was happy as a clam cleaning away yesterday afternoon.
  • Grew some stuff:
Why so beautiful, zinnias?


Moon Flower - like a Morning Glory, but of the night. Let's call it Flower of the Night. Like a prostitute, but without the STDs.


And here's what we've been eating:

  • Turkey and Muenster Sandwich on Everything Bagel Thins:



  • Greek Panzanella with Blackened Shrimp - I added capers and a few minced anchovies to the dressing. Freaking delicious.
  • Fried Fish BLTs; Coleslaw - We topped these sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, red onion, mayo, and dill pickles. A big White Hot hit.
  • Taco Twice-Baked Potatoes - Bake two potatoes. Scoop out the filling and mash it up with a few tablespoons of light sour cream. Mix in a can of rinsed black beans, a chopped tomato, two finely chopped green onions, 3 ounces grated extra sharp cheddar, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Stuff the filling back into the potato shells. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until filling is hot and tops are golden. Eat them up:



With that, I'm off to be productive. And by that I mean: trying not to throw my computer out the window and watching the clock until the husband of my lifetime gets home. Oh, did I mention he's off all weekend? You would totally know that already if you were here at my house with me, because I've been humming and smiling to myself and walking around with pep in my step. That guy...

I hope you're hanging out with your favorite person ever this weekend. See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment