Friday, July 15, 2011

What We're Doing. And Eating.

Here's the goss: I hate this week. I can sum it up by saying that I got back in bed yesterday afternoon and stayed there until Hugh got home. Fortunately, he came bearing wine and good cheer and the promise to cook my favorite dinner. And then he drove to the store and bought me the best dessert ever:

Eat it up.


And now it's a new day. A new day that happens to be Friday. But it's not just any Friday. Because in approximately five hours I will be having lunch with this sass:

This child is after my heart with his hamming it up for the camera.

Reese has already promised to read books with me, play with me, and share his toys. What more could a girl ask for? Of course, he might be sucking up because when his Mama originally asked him if wanted me to come visit, his first response was, "Uncle Hugh?" When she told him Uncle Hugh would be working but I could come and see him, he said, "No, that's okay." I reminded him there would be no Uncle Hugh if it weren't for Aunt Cassie. So, he's agreed to let me visit after all. I know you think I'm exaggerating when I say everyone loves Hugh best. Really, I'm not.

Seriously, I'm very excited about my weekend away. Being around this girl is just good for my heart and soul:



Now, here's what we've been eating this week:

Hugh's Magic Muscle Milk - The breakfast of champions.

Summer Tomato, Feta, and Basil Galette - Such a great use of my one billion garden tomatoes. Don't be jeal. Okay, be a little bit jeal.

Pork Ragu, served over extra-wide egg noodles - Really easy. Really delicious. Perhaps slightly better suited for days where the temperature does not exceed 100 degrees.

Taco Pizza - Inspired by this. Yum:



Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Rice Casserole - I don't like rice. I don't like casserole. I'm not wild about chicken. But, somehow I liked this dish. Shall we rename it Miracle Dinner? Also, Hugh was a big fan.

Carbonara - Really, what did you think he was making when I said Hugh promised to cook my favorite dinner?


And, with that, I'm off, internets. I hope you get to spend your weekend with your oldest and dearest friend. See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment