Monday, June 7, 2010

Safe and Sound

Fletcher came home yesterday. Needless to say, we are thrilled. The time from our call from the emergency vet telling us we could come pick him up to the time we arrived was less than ten minutes.

He is still running a low-grade fever and is very weak, but we have been approved to monitor him from home.

We spent all of yesterday and most of today doing this:

Fletcher would like you to note his shaved right leg. He had a lot of IVs in two days.

Honestly, I feel like I might cry every time I look at him. I know that many people think of pets as just pets, but these two are our children. I told Hugh that after this weekend I cannot imagine having a baby because supposedly people love those even more than their pets. And I just don't know if my heart can handle that kind of love.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Fletchy just has to get better soon. Who else will torment Mitch and Henry?

    ReplyDelete