Friday, May 20, 2011

What We're Doing. And Eating.

Normally I'd be waxing poetic at this point on how much I love Fridays. However, with Hugh's (insane, for the record) study schedule, I am really just counting down to Saturday evening. Also known as the beginning of Down Day. Also known as the twenty-four hours where I do nothing but hang out with Hugh.

I'm just going to go ahead and say, this hasn't been a great week for White Hot eating. Some weeks, I feel like I have it all together: the house is clean, everyone is healthy and well-behaved, all the meals are delicious and home-cooked and good for you. And other weeks, it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

This week, all I can say is that my house is really clean. Fletcher is sick, we've eaten out almost every night this week, I woke up with a sore throat today, and I am averaging about an hour and a half of Hugh-time per day right now.

However, I can tell you this - I am willing myself to feel better by 6pm this evening, because I've got company coming to town! I'll be back on Monday with a recap of our sure-to-be-an-adventure weekend.

In the meantime, here's the week in photos, and commentary of course.

My go-to busy-day lunch:

Toasted whole wheat bagel, topped with a half an avocado mashed up with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.


One of my favorite benefits of working for home is the dress code:

Just keeping it real, internets. Don't be jeal.


Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning (also known as happy, happy, happy):



What's that, you ask? Oh, no big deal. Just GREW SOME TOMATOES:



Can you please tell me if there is something more gorgeous than a peony? I mean, really:



Poor birthday boy's regimen for the week:

That would be treatment for a double ear infection, a flare-up of his IBD, and seasonal allergies. You know what's really fun? Applying an earwash and ear medication to dog with an ear infection who was bred to have a strong neck. It's like wrestling an alligator. At seven o'clock in the morning.


Good. thing. he's. cute:



And, don't let that face fool you, he's acting just fine:

New birthday toy from his favorite cousin.


And, last but certainly not least, my good child:

As payment for being cute and (mostly) hassle-free, Henry Parker takes most of his naps on clean laundry, fresh from the dryer.


Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. See you Monday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment