Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Weekend Recap, Belated.

Happy Tuesday, friends! How was your weekend? Ours was just a delight, other than the fact that Hugh was a bit under the weather. Let me tell you about it:

Friday, after Hugh got home from his exam, we went on a lunch date to celebrate the end of test week. Lunch was a treat, as always. When it was over I was lagging a little bit (I blame you, midday celebratory glass of wine) so I took a 5-Hour Energy. And then I felt like I was on speed for the next eight hours. Seriously, Hugh was so happy he suggested that remedy for my afternoon yawning.

We got home and I immediately wanted to clean the house. But I wanted to do it very, very quickly. Hugh obliged. Have I mentioned he's the best? When the house was sparkling, it was time for some takeout Indian (we love you, Lamb Vindaloo), a few episodes of House, and then we were off to bed where I, still hyped on 5-HE, stared at the ceiling for two hours before I finally fell asleep.

Saturday morning was cappuccinos and bagel melts and cookbook reading on the couch before we headed out for a two-hour walk with our favorite dog.


Saturday night was Spaghetti and Meatballs. Goodness sakes alive, I made some delicious meatballs. My marinara wasn't too shabby either. I'll be back later this week with the recipes, but here is a sneak peak:


Sunday was another slow start, more cappuccino, more bagels, and more House. We lounged around all morning listening to podcasts and doing school work (Hugh) and meal planning and magazine reading (me). Finally we headed out for late afternoon happy hour and a snack (barbecued pork nachos - yum):



Then we were off the the grocery store and home for some reading and hanging out with the boys. Dinner and dessert and then the weekend was over, just like that.

Postscript: Henry killed a stinkbug on Sunday afternoon. Did you know they really do stink? Henry was freaking out when he got sprayed, and then we had to wash his paws which made him so happy. He spent the rest of the day being a crank. Every time Fletcher walked in the room Henry charged him, hissing and swatting at his face. Fletcher thought Henry wanted to play, so he proceeded to chase him around the house. As you can imagine, this really improved Henry's temperament. Silly boys.

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on last weekend, it time for this weekend! Happy Friday friend!

    ReplyDelete