Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day

So, I had a whole list of things I was going to post about. Things that are making me happy right now. It was going to look something like this:

1. Honeycrisp apples and extra sharp cheddar. Best snack ever. I have converted Mandy. You're next, so try it.
2. The arrival of my new camera card in the mail! I have been feeling lost without the camera for the last week, so you had better believe I'll be shooting my little heart out this weekend.
3. It's getting closer to the most wonderful time of the year (i.e. Thanksgiving and the entire month of December).

Then I woke up yesterday morning. And I was in Savannah. And I missed my boys. And it was the grayest day ever. Which coincidentally matched my mood. And I got a text message at one o'clock in the morning (who does that?), so my sleep was really subpar.

Basically, I was in a dour mood all day. But then I came home, and and husband of the year had this surprise waiting for me:


The new Barefoot Contessa cookbook. I am in love (with the cookbook and my prince of a husband). Owning all of her cookbooks, I can say that it is, perhaps, the best yet.

And, now it's almost Friday! The White Hot household has a very fun weekend planned. Not to give anything away, but it will involve some baby snuggling. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment