Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sweet Summertime

Happy first day of summer, internets.

In honor of the year's hottest months, some things making me happy right now:

  • Over the freaking moon that my Hugh is done with his Step One exam. I was saying this morning that in those last few days of studying, I started thinking I had been playing up non-stressed Hugh in my mind. Rest assured, as of yesterday at 2:25pm (because he's such a fast test-taker) it was validated that he is just as fun and wonderful as I remembered. Whew.
  • In honor of the end of seven weeks of fifteen hours a day of studying, we are celebrating it up. Champagne, giant bouquets of peonies, mid-afternoon beers, long-awaited prizes, dinners out, best friend visits, weeks off of work...we don't hold back around here, friends.
  • My new go-to appetizer (cantaloupe, mozzarella, prosciutto, and basil served with crostini):


  • My cucumber plants are covered in flowers (soon to be cucumbers) and I just picked my first garden tomato (!) this afternoon. If there is anything better than eating a tomato warm from the sun and fresh from your garden, I don't know what it is:


  • I'd married this face (and drink another one of those cocktails) again in a hot minute:


With that, I'm off to continue the hoopla with my favorite husband. I hope you're spending your days with someone who makes you feel like your feet don't even touch the ground. As Hugh likes to tell me, bottoms up, teacup!

1 comment:

  1. Good job being a super wife friend (and super studier Hugh). Missing you!

    ReplyDelete