Friday, April 29, 2011

What We're Doing. And Eating.

Whew. It has been quite a week. Good thing it's Friday.

This is what we've been doing:

  • Getting back into our routine after Mom left. Also, telling myself that it's okay that I am a twenty-seven-year-old grown woman who cries every. single. time. I drop my Mom off at the airport. What can I say? I just love that Joanne.
  • Commuting. Feeling like I spend my whole life in the car. You know, the usual.
  • Dealing with aggravations - of both the work and personal variety. I'll keep both of them private - the work ones because I like my paycheck and the personal ones because not keeping them private will only create more of them.
  • Fortunately it was nothing a little dinner visit to MCubed couldn't cure. After about thirty minutes of complaining at such a volume that I scared my dog nephew out of the house and into the yard, I was fine. And that, my lovely readers, is what friends are for. When you are mad and sad and cranky (and, let's be honest your typically freakishly low blood pressure is so high your hands are tingling), they cook you dinner and pour your wine and make you laugh.
  • Thursday I felt better. Well, emotionally I felt better. Physically, I felt worse. Part of Mandy and I discussing things that make us angry involves drinking wine. And, really, who can see the point in one glass of wine? I'll tell you who: the Cassie who had to go work on Thursday morning. Shoot.
  • What's Hugh up to you ask? Oh, same old same old. Studying for twelve hours a day and being the world's best at marriage. But, guess what? Today is his last class exam for his second year. Who can even believe it?!
  • Fletcher and Henry are feeling woefully neglected, as I haven't taken a photo of either of them in almost two weeks. They are happy I will be home and snapping away all weekend.
  • The garden is just growing like a weed. Except, not annoying. I really will give you an update next week. It's a beaut.

What we've been eating (Please note, this is almost two weeks worth of food. We really don't just sit around and eat all the time, despite what this blog may lead some of you to believe.):
And now, it's almost the weekend! Lots to do over the next three days, but it's all fun and does not involve me driving for more than ten minutes, so I am pumped.

With that, I'm off to water the garden and do some work and get ready for a lunch date with my sweet friend. I hope your weekend is so happy you just want to throw yourself on the grass and roll around, like this:



I'm sorry, but can you even handle his cuteness? I cannot. Also, so fat and healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's that extra glass (or extra three?--eek!) that makes work the next day so very miserable.

    But a hangover is a small price to pay for such fun times, right?

    Happy weekend to you! I'll be there in two hours. Have some of that pork and asparagus stuff ready.

    Not joking.

    ReplyDelete