Saturday, January 1, 2011

Out with a Bang, in with a Headache

Our New Year's Eve was low-key perfection.

We spent the day working on our office (we're redecorating it and I'm so excited!) and chatting about the year. But, of course, I'm really here to show you what we ate. Our final meals of 2010 were a perfect way to wrap up a year of delicious eating:

We started strong with a lunch of this delicious chili topped with a fried egg. Oh my goodness sakes alive. Also, Hugh would now like to top everything he eats with a fried egg.


An evening starter of French 75s and Stilton and Walnut Crackers. And gratuitous Fletcher cuteness.


A close-up of beautiful and tasty potatoes.


Tri-tip steak topped with Provencal butter, oven-roasted tomatoes, rosemary potatoes, and mixed greens with lemon vinaigrette. Out with a delicious bang, indeed.


My favorite part of 2010: eating dinner across from this handsome face.

One member of this household may or may not still be in bed, lamenting the fact that he just can't celebrate like he used to. Don't worry, I'm making restorative bagel melts as I type, so he'll be good as new in no time.

Check back tomorrow for a 2010 wrap-up and 2011 plans. For now, I'm off to make black-eyed peas and collards like a good Southern girl.

Happy 2011, friends!

Postscript: I have a full page of resolutions complete with a timeline and subcategories. Hugh has two resolutions:

1) Drink two sixteen ounce glasses of water per day.

2) Learn how to fully butcher an animal (not a chicken or a fish, as he has already mastered those).

He is the ying to my yang, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment