Thursday, January 6, 2011

Meal Planning

I have something I want to write but it's just not coming out right. Don't you hate that? Maybe just one more day...

Instead, for now, let me tell you what's on the menu this week:
  • Mushroom and Black Bean Tortilla Casserole - From Everyday Food, so delicious, but I can't find the recipe online.
  • Chicken Sausage, Kale, and White Bean Soup - I basically threw these ingredients in a pot and cooked them so I'd have something to eat in Savannah on Tuesday night. It got the job done.
  • Almost Classic Pork Fried Recipe - Honestly, I can't give this a fair review. We made it last night and it was a bit of a disaster. However, I feel like it would be really good if you realized that "3 cups cooked, chilled rice" does not mean you take 3 cups of uncooked rice, cook it, chill it, and add it to the recipe. Hugh.
  • Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca over Whole Wheat Angel Hair with Green Beans and a Mixed Greens Salad - Tonight's dinner, and I am excited about it.
  • Greek Nachos - Not going to give you the recipe for these quite yet, because I want to have a good photo. Worth the wait, I promise.
You might notice that this week's meals are heavy on the veggies and light on the calories. Hello, New Year's life-improvement plan.

Okay, the sun is finally out so we're bundling up and going for a walk with our favorite pup. Happy eating this fine Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. We made that same fried rice the other night. I was not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I have a challenge for you. Give me a week menu of Meatless meals. We can both make them and discuss. I need recipe help with my new meatless lifestyle. Help!!

    ReplyDelete