Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm Not As Young As I Used To Be.

This weekend was Brittany's Bachelorette celebration. Now that we are all home safe and sound, I can tell you that we spent the weekend at a remote house in the North Georgia mountains. Elizabeth and I were fifty percent convinced we were going to be the plot line of a serial killer movie. But we survived. There was lots of eating and toasting and laughing, with a visit to a winery and a lingerie shower somewhere in between.

Let's start with the beautiful bachelorette and bride-to-be herself:


We arrived Friday afternoon and, after a treacherous drive up the mountain to our house, all fourteen of us spent the night snacking and drinking and catching up:

Gift bags.

Brittany and her Matron of Honor extraordinaire, Emily.


Enjoying the mountain air.

Saturday, we headed to a local winery for lunch and a tasting:






Saturday night we headed back to the house for dinner, party dresses, lingerie, and a very sassy cake:




After a late night, Elizabeth and I were up early Sunday morning and on the road. I had a wonderful time celebrating Brittany's final single days. So wonderful that I came home and took two naps yesterday and then slept for ten hours last night. Oh, late twenties, you insist on reminding me that I'm not in college anymore.

Hope everyone had a happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. In Cassie fashion, I comment...
    1. I am so mad there are no pictures or comments about your breakfast items!
    2. You don't know late twenties until you are three days away from your 29th birthday!
    3. You are so freaking cute in your short black dress!
    4. Soak up those naps and ten hour nights...they won't last much longer!!

    ReplyDelete