Friday, August 27, 2010

Finish Line!

Do you ever get to the end of your week and feel like you've just completed a race? That's the kind of week it's been around here. Between work, traveling for work, and a sick husband who is so busy I've only seen him for a few hours, I am very glad it's Friday.

Especially because I get to see this girl today:


Nicole and I met in college. She was my little sister in our sorority eight years ago. That seems like a very long time. This is what we looked like then:


When I was almost done with college, I turned twenty-one. And my most long-time friend came to celebrate:


Chad and I met when we were five and went to school together until we left for college. And, do you see that tan blond in the background above? That's Nicole. That was the night they met. And from that night on, they were Chad & Nicole:


Two and a half short years later, one day after Hugh and I got engaged (sorry about that, Chad), Chad popped the question. Which means Nicole and I got to plan our weddings together:


Suffice to say, it was a very fun and happy sixteen months. There were 5:30pm phone calls every day on my way home from work. There were long weekend conference calls about dresses and flowers and food and vendors. As Nicole said in her Matron of Honor (or Lady of Honor, as she named herself) toast, "Everyone should get to plan a wedding with their best friend." Because, let's be honest, you're going to need someone to help you calm down when you are moments away from that big walk down the aisle:


So alike (and silly) at times that Hugh calls us the Ding Dong Sisters, Nicole and I are two peas in a pod. And we love a good girls' weekend:


I hope your weekend is full of happy toasts, friends. Can't wait to see you, N (and Chad!)!

2 comments:

  1. You two are quite the pair! Hope you have a fabulous weekend - and give my old roomie a hug for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet sweet toast-of-a-blog! Hope you all had a grand weekend :)

    ReplyDelete