Friday, August 3, 2012

Everything I Ever Wanted.

Oh, motherhood. Such a humbling process, foiling my well-laid plans.

It has not been a good week, my friends. Not good, as in I ugly-cried not once or twice but three times on Wednesday. Thank goodness for Hugh and my mom and their endlessly patient listening ears. And thank goodness for my sweet girl; she is a trooper. 

Fortunately, next week promises to be a happier one. Not least of all because my birthday is on Monday; the big 2-9! And, as you probably know by now, birthdays are my jam

For the last two weeks, Hugh has been asking me for a list of things I might want, and I've been hemming and hawing and not really giving him any guidance. Finally, he asked me why I was having such a hard time coming up with a birthday list this year. And I realized it's because I have everything I ever wanted already. 

My little White Hot cup runneth over:

Favorites.










On the agenda for the next three days: balloons, birthday cake, a family walk, and a champagne cocktail or three. Hope your weekend is just peachy.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry it been such a tough week! Being a working mom is not easy, it was the hardest experience of my life. But, it taught me so so much. Sending birthday wishes and prayers your way, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I be perfectly honest and say that while I love all these pictures immensely, I love the picture of Henry just a smidge above the rest? Tell Pen not to take it personally. Love you guys and happy Birthday dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, love! Sorry you had a tough week, but I'm glad you have Hugh and your sweet little girl to cheer you up! Sending you lots of love! :)

    ReplyDelete