Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cold and Kind of Boring

Not a lot to report from the White Hot front. How about a little list of inconsequential thoughts and, let's be honest, cute photos of the boys? Okay!
  1. Made these Gingersnaps. They are amazing, if you like Gingersnaps. Which I do, apparently. Because I ate five of them. In five minutes. And I don't even like dessert.

  2. Hugh does not like Gingersnaps. So I made him these Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, and Pecan Cookies (with less orange zest). And, you know how we love to talk about love languages around here? This is Hugh's love language:

    Why yes, that is a bowl of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Ice Cream topped with Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. And yes, it does have about 4,500 calories. And yes, Hugh does have superhuman metabolism, because he has eaten three similarly sized bowls of this craziness in the last one-and-a-half days.

  3. I know, I know. With the baking. And I keep telling you I don't even like to bake. I was trying to put myself in the Christmas spirit. I'd give it a fifty percent success rate. But I did get motivated to order another Christmas gift. So there's that.

  4. We've eaten dinner at home for four nights in a row! And that, my friends, is worthy of an exclamation, even if part of the reason is because it is so. cold. outside. that I am refusing to leave the house. The meals have been Sausage, Tomato, and Arugula Fettuccine; Chicken and Black Bean-Stuffed Burritos; Belgian Beef Stew; and Roasted Butternut Squash and Bacon Pasta. All have been fairly healthy and worthy of a repeat, so you should try them.

  5. Just like the rest of America, we are freezing in Georgia. So we're wearing our jackets:


    And sleeping on our favorite blankets in front of the heating vents:


  6. Oh, Christmas Tree:


  7. On Sunday, I found a lump on my head that I was certain was a tumor (not surprising). I freaked out (also not surprising) and made Hugh examine it. He said it was nothing. I demanded to know why he never freaked out over my medical ailments. He said, because then there would be two of us overreacting to your medical ailments. And, you know what? I woke up today and that lump was almost gone. Whatever, Hugh. That was just luck. You aren't even a real doctor yet.

  8. You know how I'm always blathering on about how Henry loves Hugh the best? Do you want to see why? Okay:

    No, that's not Hugh's 4,500 calorie bowl of cookies and ice cream under that jacket...

    It's spoiled, spoiled Henry Parker, who stayed zipped up in there for over an hour.

  9. And, for good measure:

    That face. I just die.
Stay warm, comrades. Hopefully something interesting will happen soon and I'll be back to report. And, by interesting, I do not in any way, shape, or form mean any member of this household getting sick. Got it, family?

No comments:

Post a Comment