Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hello there.

Well, I am making a foray into the blogging world. After thinking about it and blog stalking my days away for some time, I have decided to go for it.

I'm Cassie. I'm married to Hugh. I'm Momma to Henry, the cat, and, Fletcher, the dog.

I love my little family of four. I love my clever friends and magazines and fresh flowers. I love to read, and write, and recently, to garden. And then there's food. I love it. I love to cook it, I love to eat it, I love to read about it and to write about it, I love to think about it, I love to talk about it.

As a college graduate, I wondered when I would finally figure out what I wanted to do with my life. I waited and thought and talked about what that elusive thing might be. And then I realized my life was already going right by, life-defining career or not. And that life that could have just been passing me by was pretty lovely.

As Harper Lee, a true idol for any respectable Southern girl with a penchant for reading and writing, once said, "You don't sit down in 'white hot inspiration' and write with a burning flame in front of you." And I think that's what life usually looks like. No magic answer, no flawless solution, but a thought, or a hunch, or a hankering. An idea for a recipe or a book or a life that you dream up in the back of your mind and bend and shape and work on every single day until you make it your own. And then, one day you wake up and realize you've answered your own question. You've found your own white hot inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment